Welcome to the dedicated Emerging Economist Series Website
THIS YEAR'S PROGRAM HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO COVID 19
The Economic Society of Australia (NSW Branch) proudly sponsors the Emerging Economist Series. The series of six luncheons, held at the Reserve Bank of Australia in Sydney, gives young economists the opportunity to discuss critical issues with prominent Australian policymakers, as well as network with colleagues in business, academia and the public service. The luncheons include an interview-style discussion with the keynote speaker, exploring the issues they have faced during their careers and highlighting Australia’s key economic challenges going forward.
The Series has been inspiring, educating and entertaining emerging economists since 2007 and provides a unique opportunity to hear lessons and insights from the lived experience of senior figures in government, business and public debate. For economists, particularly those in the earlier stages of their career, it provides access to the views and experience of eminent speakers on the paths they have taken, the role they have played and the challenges Australia has navigated - and will face in the future.
We have an outstanding line up of special guests:
- The Hon. Wayne Swan, National President of the Labor Party, former Deputy PM and Treasurer
- Professor Geoffrey Blainey AC, Historian and "National Living Treasure"
- Glenn Stevens AC, Former Governor of RBA
- Melinda Cliento, CEO, CEDA
- Trevor Sykes, Finance Journalist and Author
- Dr Cassandra Goldie, CEO of Australian Council of Social Service